Yari, Hossein (born January 6, 1968, Tehran)
Hossein Yari joined the theater group of an arts center in 1981.
His first appearance on stage was in 1983 and he directed two short films afterwards. He also passed a one-year-course in the IRIB Dubbing Unit and worked as a voice actor.
He starred in 'O-' (1989) and 'On the Alter of Love' (1990), but they were not released.
He has acted in some other feature films and won some awards, but his performance in a series called 'The Tenth Night' (2002) brought him widespread fame and popularity.
He was also a candidate for best actor in a leading role for his play in 'Naghmeh' (2002).
His performance in TV series has always won him ample public support. His nomination for the Crystal Simorgh for playing in movies like 'Paris to Paris' (2011) and 'One Line of Reality' (2011) shows his mature talent.
Yari has acted in series such as 'The Men of Angelos' (1998), 'Lighter Than Darkness' (2000), 'Like No One' (2008), 'Dark Intelligence 1' (2009), 'Heart of Ice' (2010), and 'Dark Intelligence 2' (2013).
He has also appeared in movies such as 'Fire in Stack' (1990), 'Attack on H-3' (1994), 'The Final Stage' (1995), 'Speed' (1995), 'The World Upside-Down' (1997), 'Puberty' (1999), 'Saint Mary' (2000), 'The Equation' (2003), 'City of Chaos' (2005), 'Eqlima' (2006), 'Dementia' (2007), 'Guesthouse in the Snow' (2007), 'Time for a Pause' (2008), 'Gold and Earth' (2008), 'Return' (2008), and 'Sa'adatabad' (2010).
•The Crystal Simorgh and the Diploma of Honor, Fajr International Film Festival, 'The Last Stage', 1996
• The Diploma of Honor, Fajr International Film Festival, 'Puberty', 2000
• The Statuette for Best Actor, IRIB Production Festival, 'The Tenth Night', 2004
• The Award for Best Actor, Today’s Religion Film Festival (Italy), 'Daybreak', 2006
• The Award for Best Actor, Hijab International Festival, 'Naghmeh', 2007
• The Award for Best Actor, Noah's Ark Film Festival (Moscow), 'White Sneakers', 2010