The tower, a monument from Seljuk period, was registered in Iran’s National Heritage List in 1931.
Some believe the tower served as a natural sundial showing the time of the day through shadows on its walls.
Others say the tower possibly used to serve as a leading light for travelers taking the historical Silk Road.
The monument is 20 meters tall and built in an area of around 48 square meters.
On the exterior, the tower — made of brick and adobe — is in the form of a polygonal cylinder, while the interior is a plain cylinder.
The historical structure is made of brick and adobe.
It is believed that the tower was made as a monument for an influential figure, but the identity of the person buried there is in dispute.